Monday 14 March 2011

Trimley update

Hi Y’all


I am back from a great wildlife holiday in Thailand where I saw two of the world’s most endangered species, the Spoonbill Sandpiper and Gurney’s Pitta. I wish that I could put names to all the butterfly and dragonfly species seen. I was also pleased to see Lesser Mouse Deer and Tree Shrew.

Now it’s back to work, so I will endeavour to add to my blog. A frosty start to the day but what a day, very much like spring, birds were singing, two Buzzards were calling and displaying over the reserve, the Black-headed gulls were manic and already squabbling over nesting sites, Great Crested Grebes were displaying and a pair of crows were courting on the winter flood hide.

Other birds of note included 6 Scaup, a Bittern and a Water Pipit. I also saw my first Peacock butterfly of the year.

Nearby news: Black Redstarts and a Wheatear at Landguard.

No comments:

Post a Comment