Monday 6 December 2010

Trimley Reserve

Freezing fog with no let up all day.  Before first light I saw a Fox on the bund caught in the dockland floodlights and had beautiful close views; it did not run but just nonchalantly strolled ahead of me.  A little later another fox was scavenging the saltmarsh and then I had a third walk across the frozen reservoir on tip-toes which was so comical.  A Water Rail was searching for morsels on the saltings.  It is a tough time for our wildlife.  The foggy conditions meant that it was quiet and still until a Peregrine and a Kestrel had a ding-dong of a battle right above me.  All the thrushes were present feeding on the abundant berry store in the hedge and to top it all I saw three Waxwings feeding at close quarters by the Visitor Centre.  I thought that this is a tough job as I sipped my hot coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment