Friday 30 November 2012

Trimley Marshes


On stepping out of my front door, early this morning, I was confronted by a frosted car that had to be de-iced before I was going anywhere.   I picked up my trainee in Felixstowe then headed on to Trimley.   As we approached the reserve we flushed a Woodcock up from the track and although there was still an hour or so to go before sunrise at we passed at least a dozen Robins that were already out and about.

Despite our nets being up were up before day light we did not catch many birds, a few more Blackbirds, several Greenfinches and a Chaffinch.  Birding was more fruitful with hundreds of wildfowl, a wintering Ruff, Marsh Harrier, 6 Egyptian Geese and a Bullfinch.   There was also a Short-eared Owl on the reserve, which we did not get to see.

We did, however, find a dead Porpoise on the shingle island.
Dead Porpoise on the shingle island

Trimley reservoir


Teal

No comments:

Post a Comment