Monday 2 July 2012

Mick


On Friday evening, June 29th I had completed 50 years in full time employment, which included 23 years with the Suffolk Wildlife Trust.  Work colleagues and friends gathered at Foxburrow Farm to wish me well for the future.  I received lots of compliments and kind words in speeches by Steve Piotrowski, Julian Roughton and my team leader Dorothy Casey.

By the time it came for to me to say a few words I had lost my butterflies, which had been plaguing me all week.  Working for SWT has been a wonderful period in my life with so many good experiences and lots of happy memories.  

Thanks to you all for the garden plants and, with the money, I shall buy some outdoor clothing.

I was also presented with a framed estuary scene from the Coasts and Heath AONB team.
Steve, a long term friend reviewing my past with some amusing anecdotes

Lots of compliments from Julian, SWT Director

More compliments from Dorothy 

Julie and Anna, Trust volunteers and bird ringing friends, deadly
serious as usual

Familiar faces and Dave White in the foreground who has been with me
this last 23 years.

1 comment:

  1. Well done Mick proud of you and i'm sure Dad and Mum are also.

    ReplyDelete