Monday 20 February 2012

The Weekend

Yet another enjoyable weekend whizzes by.  On Saturday morning I was planting more trees at Levington with Anna and Julie, then for the rest of the day I was with my young granddaughter Megan.

Early on Sunday morning I was catching and ringing birds at Newbourne,  We caught about 20 birds, the highlight was catching two Woodcock and seeing nine in one small area.  Other observations included Sisken, Redpoll and Tree Creeper.

In the evening until late we were on Falkenham Marshes.  On the marshes there was one Bewick Swan in with the Mute Swans.  After sunset and out on the saltmarsh it became dark, no moon, bright starry and still but bitterly cold. We must have had over a thousand Brent, on the river, close by all night for company.  I set only three sixty foot nets and caught just over twenty waders, all Dunlin and Redshank.
Anna and Julie with one of the Woodcock

No comments:

Post a Comment