Friday 18 March 2011

Trimley update

I had an eventful start to the morning having received a phonecall from a birder saying that there was a big dog barking at the reservoir gate and that there was no one around. In his opinion it was to scary to go past.  I contacted the council and then went down to the reserve; by the time that I arrived the dog was nowhere to be seen.  I drove around the reserve but could not find it.  I probably know all the dogs and their handlers as I see them so regularly. The dog was a chocolate coloured Boxer, sort of, the same dog that I saw the previous day at 0630 hours on the bridleway adjacent to the dock bund with no handler.  I reported the fact that we have an abandoned dog or a dog that is taking his own morning walks from the village (over 2 miles away, no distance at all for a boxer).

Today we had our first Chiffchaff of the summer, which was singing in the bushes next to the Visitors Centre.

Birds nearby: Red-necked Grebe and Long-tailed ducks on the river in front of Levington marina.

I would like to say Hi to Jan in Nashville, who reads my blog, have a great time in Hawaii, hope you get to see the Palilas, take care and I will catch up with you again in due course.

No comments:

Post a Comment